First blog post of the year 2017! So, I finally managed to update the comics page with my Manga Jiman entry from 2015, entitled “Shadow of a Doubt”. I did want to add it last year, but I kept forgetting ^^;. It was an idea that I came up with just two weeks before the deadline of the competition, so I really had to rush myself to complete it. I was really surprised that I managed to get 5th place in the competition that year (2015) but I was happy it was well received by the judges. Please give it a read, you can find it under the comics tab :).
The Manga Jiman competition is something I challenge myself to enter every year. Some years I didn’t enter because I struggled with ideas too much, but since 2013 I have somehow managed to make the shortlist of the top 10 entries. Being shortlisted in this recent competition (2016) now makes that four times in a row and five times in total! It is always very humbling for me to know that people enjoy reading my stories and hope I can try more ambitious projects in future. Anyway, my entry from last year is entitled “Views of Sakura” and if you’re around London, you can view it at the Japan Embassy’s current exhibition, between now and the 31st March 2017! More details can be found on the Japan Embassy website. I have no idea where I placed yet, but will update once I know (I hope I can keep this website more frequently updated this year, honestly ^^;).
Below are the terms and conditions for these commissions. Sorry if it seems a little overbearing but I like to make sure people know what to expect from me and what I expect in return. If you’d like a commission at a higher resolution or have questions after reading this, please get in touch ^_^!
Terms and Conditions (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE CONTACTING ME):
– 10 slots available (One commission per slot). This offer is open for a limited time until further notice.
– The prices offered are for single character portraits only. (*NOTE: These sketches are worked on at a resolution of 72dpi and are suitable for screen viewing only!).
– I WILL draw original characters/custom game characters/animals.
– I WON’T draw nudity/gore/celebrities/licensed characters.
– These commissions are for personal, non-commercial use only and may not be copied, edited, reproduced or used for profitable gain.
– You MUST provide clear visual references to the character (face view, profile views and outfit). Text descriptions won’t be accepted on its own, but you are welcome to include a brief paragraph if you wish.)
– Copyright of characters featured in commissioned work remains with their respective owners. Copyright of the artwork itself remains with me. I reserve the right to display the work for self-promotional purposes only.
– Full payment, or at least a 50% deposit, must be made once I’ve accepted your commission. (If a deposit is made, you agree to pay the remainder on completion of the work.)
– I will notify you via email once I’ve started your commission. I will only notify you again on completion of the work or if I run into any problems. (As I work on other projects in between, please allow between 1-3 months before contacting me about its completion.)
– I will offer you a full refund if I am unable to complete the work for personal reasons, or if I haven’t yet begun work on your commission after three months and you would like your money back. (Please don’t commission me if you think you might change your mind later.)
– I will ONLY accept payment via PayPal.
If you’ve read the terms and would still like to order a digital sketch portrait , please send me an email at “” stating you have read and accepted the terms and include the following info:
1) What you would like me to draw.
2) Reference images/character sheet (Images should clearly display the character’s face and outfit. Please send up to 5 jpegs max or alternatively, provide safe links to your reference images.)
3) Further description (Optional. Please limit this to a brief paragraph.)
4) Email address for correspondence purposes.
5) Clearly indicate “Digital Sketch Portrait Commission” in the subject header of your email.
If I accept your commission, I will send you further details on how to pay me via paypal.Thanks for reading and I hope to hear from you ^_^!
Been gathering up my courage to get an account on INPRNT.com for a while as the quality of their artists is so high… So, I am pleased to announce that I have been accepted to sell prints via their website :D! YES, this is a good day!
So, one morning I woke up with an image of a deer with antlers that bloom flowers. I’m not quite sure why I had this image in my mind but I thought it was too interesting and vivid an image not draw, so I did :D! (If you like this image, a print is available for you to buy from my new INPRNT store here.)
Hooray! I’ve just opened a new shop on BigCartel.com! It’s just a little place where I can sell items originally produced for sale at comic conventions. Look below for a list of items currently on sale :D!
While most of my art and comics can be viewed on my website, any purchase you make will be of great support to me as an artist! If you have any questions about postage etc I’ve even included a little FAQ page (I hope it’s helpful). Go on, go take a look at the pretty stuff for sale xD! Thanks for reading!
I finally have some comics in the comics section of my website! I’m still adding to it and I’m not 100% happy with the layout yet, but I’ll keep working on it.
Among the titles in the comics section is my entry for last year’s Manga Jiman competition 2014 entitled “Andante”. I can’t believe I haven’t mentioned this on my blog yet, but I’ve managed to placed 8th this time (in 2013, I placed 9th, 2014 I placed 8th… at this rate, I’ll make it to first place in seven years)! Anyway, the Japan Embassy in London is currently displaying an exhibition of all the winners works which will last until…what?! Tomorrow?! Better hurry over there and check it out before it’s too late D: (visit the embassy website for more details).
If for some unfortunate reason you can’t make the trip to the exhibition, (maybe because I’ve informed you too late) do not worry! My entry “Andante” is now available to read on my website along with previous short comics I’ve created (just click “comics” from the main menu to see the current list). I’m still adding things to the comics page so I’ll post another update when I do.
Am I finally making progress with this website? Maybe!
I’m still working on my gallery and comics section, but the pages are at least now viewable in the menu section. Writing an ‘about me’ page proved troublesome, but I think I’ve finally sorted it out (I might decide to change it again in future but I’m fairly happy with it at the moment).
Anyway, hopefully I’ll sort out this whole website soon!
I’ve successfully moved the website to a new hosting provider and have managed to import my previous blog posts (yay!). Unfortunately I had to reupload the blog images but thankfully there weren’t too many. Also, I’ve found a really nice WordPress theme to work with! Hopefully now it won’t be too long until the rest of the website is up and running.
Last year (2013) I entered the annual Manga Jiman competition (held by the Japan Embassy in London) and found out early on this year that I was shortlisted as a winner!
I wasn’t really expecting to win anything at all, mainly because I rushed my entry and pushed myself to finish it as the deadline drew to a close (I was really determined to enter this year no matter what)! I haven’t entered the competition since 2009 (in 2008 I placed 5th with my entry, “Dilemma”) so overall, I just felt good about submitting something after so long ;u;.
A couple of weeks ago, I attended the opening ceremony of the Manga Jiman 2013 Exhibition at the Japan embassy and there I found out where I placed… 9TH!
My comic “Portfolio of Lies” placed 9th (yay)! That’s not bad for someone who wasn’t expecting to place. During the party at the embassy (that sounds posh doesn’t it?) I was very happy to hear that my entry was well received and that people genuinely enjoyed reading it (thank you everyone who gave me positive feedback, it gave me such a warm fuzzy feeling inside ;u;). I’ll try my best to enter again this year, hopefully next time round I will do even better ^_^. Congratulations to all the winners!
The Manga Jiman 2013 exhibition is currently open at the Japan Embassy in London until late April. More details, including a full list of winners, can be found on the Japan Embassy website (visit while you still can :D)!
While I’m still working on the main portion of my website, I may as well start on my new blog :).
This blog is a new addition to my website and here I shall mainly post updates to my site and generally use it to share any new artworks or projects I’m working on etc. (I’m not very good with blogs so let’s see how it goes ^_^;).
Anyway, here’s a sketch I did recently. It’s a charismatic grim reaper (though he’s not so much “grim” as you can see). It’s just a pencil drawing at the moment but maybe I’ll get this coloured eventually.