Thank you for visiting! My name is Pamela Lokhun (a.k.a. “Piarelle”) and I am a London based illustrator/comic artist with a love for creativity and visual narrative storytelling in all forms of media!
I’ve loved drawing ever since I’ve first scribbled crayon to wallpaper as a child. Once I’ve learned of blank paper, and honed my drawing skills some more, I eventually graduated from the University of Westminster with a degree in BA illustration in 2007. Through my art, I aim to illustrate ideas, characters and concepts whilst being able to invoke a sense of life and feeling to the subject matter. My work has been published both commercially and independently, featured on sketch cards, has won/placed in various art competitions and has even been featured in public exhibitions.
My artistic influences stem mainly from classic shoujo manga, fairy tales and the work of artists such as Chiho Saito, Yoshitaka Amano, Arthur Rackham, Leon Bakst and Riyoko Ikeda (to name only a few). As a result, my style is often described as “pretty”. My interests include violins, video games, animals, history, drama, music and world mythology, all of which I find are frequent sources of inspiration (inspiration can come from anywhere really). I work with both traditional and digital art mediums, ranging from ink and watercolours to using digital tools such as Photoshop. I am always seeking to improve my drawing skills, developing new ways of working and overall better myself as an artist.
Latest examples of my work, can be viewed on my website blog. Alternatively, you can also view my art on my DeviantArt and/or Tumblr pages via the links above. If you have enquiries regarding commissions or just want to get in contact, please feel free to email me. Please don’t copy/edit or repost my art to third-party websites without my permission! Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoy the rest of the site ^_^!
– 5th place, Manga Jiman “Bright Young Things” competition (2015)
– 8th place, Manga Jiman “Once in a Lifetime” competition (2014)
– 9th place, Manga Jiman “Voyages of Discovery” competition (2013)
– Winner of Massive Black’s 3rd Twitter Challenge (2010, view here)
– A Winner of Japan Matsuri Art competition (2009, view here)
– 5th place, Manga Jiman ‘150’ competition (2008, info)
– A Winner of NEO Magazine’s Manga Competition (2008)
Books and Magazines
– Locket: A Collection of Short Stories by Pamela Lokhun (fanzine, self-published, 2012) (Available to buy from my online shop).
– Itch Publishing: Leek and Sushi’s Manga Cupcakes (Anthology, 2010)
– Itch Publishing: Leek and Sushi’s Manga Show (Anthology, 2009) Features my short comic “Dilemma” (placed 5th in the 2nd Manga Jiman competition).
– Uncooked Media: NEO Magazine Issue 53, Artist Showcase, pg 90 –pg 91 (2008)
– Uncooked Media: NEO Magazine Issue 50, Pierrot comic, pg 55 – pg 60 (2008)
– Sadlittles.com: Femforce (AC Comics), 20 card set, 2010 (signed under my old pen name “Sakuna”).
– Manga Jiman “Bright Young Things” Exhibition, The Embassy of Japan, 101-104 Piccadilly, London W1J 7JT 18th March 2016 – 14th June 2016 (info)
– Manga Jiman “Once in a Lifetime” Exhibition, The Embassy of Japan, 101-104 Piccadilly, London W1J 7JT 6th March 2015 – 3 April 2015 (info)
– Manga Jiman “Voyages of Discovery” Exhibition, The Embassy of Japan, 101-104 Piccadilly, London W1J 7JT 24th March 2014 – 30th April 2014 (info)
– Japan Matsuri – Spitalfields Market, Liverpool Street, London 19th September 2009
– Manga Jiman ‘150’ Exhibition, The Embassy of Japan, 101-104 Piccadilly, London W1J 7JT 6th February – 3rd April 2009
– University of Westminster Art and Design Degree Show 2007 – Old Truman Brewery, Brick Lane, London 7th – 11th June 2007
– International Manga and Anime Festival (IMAF) 2005, County Hall, Riverside Buildings, Westminster Bridge Road, London SE1 7PB, 21st – 25th October 2005